No, I Didn’t Forget about Trump
Some folks have said I should be on TV as a political pundit. Not happening. But I did get a lot of predictions right last year. Let’s recap those [see notes for what I got right] and add some new ones:
March 19, 2018–almost a year ago, I predicted these indictments:
- Fancy Bear, Cozy Bear and Guccifer 2.0 (Russian hackers; Mueller indicted a bunch of them on July 13, 2018)
- Wikileaks and Julian Assange (mistaken filing by prosecutor shows Assange has a sealed indictment pending)
- Cambridge Analytica and possibly Brad Parscale (not yet, but I still expect it)
- Roger Stone–yes!, finally
In August, 2018, I reiterated those predictions and considered adding Steve Bannon to the Cambridge Analytica indictment PLUS, predicted these winners:
- Trump will never sit down with Mueller (he did submit written responses to questions–all the better to trap him)
- Manafort will be convicted in his first trial and plead guilty in the second—whoa, did I nail this one!
- The Democrats would have a massive victory in November, taking control of the house—YUP, nailed that
- Mueller will NEVER issue a subpoena to Trump
- The report will come out after the midterms (coming soon)
- Trump may be named an unindicted co-conspirator (stay tuned and see below)
- Trump will be unable to tolerate the investigations that will ensue in the House–“which will undoubtedly include examination of his personal and business tax returns”
A mistaken prediction:
- Indictments of Americans will come in September–didn’t happen, but plenty already have been
- And more
In that August 19 post from last year, I noted that it would be 45 years since Nixon’s resignation on that date in 2019. A good commemorative anniversary for Trump to pick as his day to go. Could still happen. But here’s my current assessment.
Sealed indictments, along with the Mueller report, of:
- Donald Trump, Jr.
- Jared Kushner
- Trump himself
- Probably Steve Bannon
- Possibly Ivanka
More indictments from SDNY–stay tuned for predictions on those.
One more recap before the grand finale (for now) from way back in May, 2018.
Eventually, RICO charges will be filed against the Trump Organization–with the bulk of its assets seized by the US Government and the entity dissolved (this will take several years at a minimum)
Note that there is lots of discussion happening about RICO on the cable news channels. Just Google it.
So what’s next?
- More hearings in the Democratic controlled House will drive Trump crazy–could have a stroke or gain ten more pounds anyway
- SDNY could try to indict Trump this year (against OLC policy)
- New York State will go after Trump big time
- The Mueller Report
- Trump may try to pardon the Trump Organization but may throw Don, Jr. under the bus if it’s either him or Jr. on the hook
- Trump will NOT be in office for the 2020 election–I’ll handicap that in another post.
3 thoughts on “Impeachment, Indictment or Resignation–How Will It End?”
My predictions were similar to yours. I’m no flabberghasted with the rest of the normal world how little time bought off? judge gave Manafart! Next week’s judge better make up the difference!
We can hope. Details of the money he will forfeit will likely remain. Meaning the wife and kids will be living more frugally–maybe not Walmart and Fords, but differently.
I have to wonder does Judge Ellis have incipient Alzheimer’s?
Comments are closed.