There’s still time, if you haven’t already voted, to make this New York Magazine cover a reality on November 9th, if not the night before. It’s important to do so; see my post of yesterday on what a Trump Presidency would entail. The cover story by Frank Rich in the New York magazine has this header, “Trump’s Appeasers: Charles Lindbergh was a national hero, then a fascist sympathizer. History will be just as brutal to more than a few current Republican leaders.”
I already voted for Clinton and not as the lesser of two evils. She has 30 years of public service championing the rights of children, the disabled and women. She is guilty of NOTHING re: Benghazi—check her 11 hours before a witch-hunting committee of Congress. She has an incredible wealth of experience and knowledge that Donald Trump doesn’t have. [Did his father make a major contribution to get Donald into college?] She did make a stupid, but not criminal case of having a private email server. But what of Trump’s emails? He or his organization regularly deleted business emails to hide them from discovery in lawsuits.
Trump isn’t just guilty of virtually everything he has accused her and his primary opponents of; he’s guilty of much more. He is the most disreputable, most ill-informed, most sexist, most bigoted and most dangerous candidate ever to run for national office in American history. Let’s illustrate just a few of the ways he is unfit to hold the least office of a state or local government—let alone be President of the United States:
- He says, “No one has more respect for women than I do.” Seriously? He brags about being able grab any woman by the genitals and denies he’s actually done so. But 12 women say he did as he bragged about. “They’re all liars,” he says.
- He knows more than the generals about military strategy. Seriously? My dog knows more strategy than Trump does!
- He was told by intelligence officials that Russia is responsible for hacking the DNC, American election records and more but doesn’t believe it. He probably knows more than investigators at the 17 US intelligence agencies too. No LOL–it’s not funny.
- He praises Vladimir Putin because the translation of a Russian word that means brilliant didn’t mean smart, it meant being “flashy.” Worse, Trump is a “useful fool” or tool for the former KGB head—which is why Russian agents are meddling in the US election on his behalf, worrying other Western nations.
- While he, his family and his campaign manager all say he is a generous man, investigations by the Washington Post show little or no donations by him to charities and his own foundation relies on donations from others—which go to buy portraits of himself or renovate properties. Meanwhile, he showed up at a charity event photo-op as if he had donated—when he hadn’t.
- He and his chief surrogate Rudy Giuliani claimed an “indictment is near” against the Clinton Foundation. As Trump himself would say, WRONG! Rather, the lie came from leaks by hyper-partisan FBI agents (who hate Clinton and support Trump) at the FBI New York Field Office (AKA Trumpland or Trumplandia) who relied on a book by Breitbart alumni for their investigation, (“The Clinton Cash.” ) If Clinton is elected, it is those agents that may wind up being investigated, rather than her or the Clinton Foundation!
- It is those same agents that enabled Rudy Giuliani to tell Fox News two days before FBI Director Comey released his letter to Congress about the “new” email discovery.
- Trump half-heartedly rejects the support of the KKK, David Duke and various Neo-Nazi groups but welcomes “Michael the Black Man,” a former member of a now-defunct Yahweh Ben Yahweh murderous cult that, who can be seen with a large “Blacks for Trump” sign at many of Trump’s rallies—the man is an “anti-gay, anti-liberal preacher” according to the Miami News.
- His third Eastern European wife, Melania, said in a Thursday speech in Berwyn Pennsylvania that she would focus on “cyberbullying” as First Lady—she would start, one must assume, with Donald himself. The New York Times published a full two-page spread of the 6,000 twitter insults Trump issued against 280 some individuals, groups or organizations just since the campaign began.
- His two main surrogates, like himself, cheated on prior wives while getting ready to marry their current ones. In the case of Newt Gingrich, that was while she was in the hospital being treated for cancer. We can assume they must respect women as much as Trump himself does.
- He won’t release his tax returns but what has come out through leaks enables David Cay Johnston to predict that Trump may never pay federal taxes the rest of his life
- No need to mention Khizar Khan, Alycia Machado, et al. You know all about them.